Last night I made one of my all time favorite salad recipes! I often make this salad in the summer when I’m planning on having people over. I simply prep the salad and dressing and leave them in the fridge until it’s time to eat. No cooking + guests + cocktails = a perfect night for the host 🙂
California Avocado Chicken Salad
*Inspired by Allrecipes.com and BarbTotten
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light mayo (I use a little less)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- romaine lettuce
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- black olives
- tortilla chips
- grilled chicken breasts (or shrimp is also a great option)
- In the blender, combine the avocado, lemon juice, light mayo, hot pepper sauce, olive oil, & salt. Process until smooth. Chill in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, green onions, black olives.
- When you’re ready to eat, just add the grilled chicken on the salad, top it with crumbled tortilla chips, and then add the dressing.
Sweet potato chips & bean dip from Wilson Farm
One of my adorable guests….. 🙂
And the meal. ENJOY!