I love granola. I went through a phase of having greek yogurt, homemade granola, and fresh berries for breakfast everyday. But last winter when I started to eat more of a paleo-ish diet, I stopped making granola (lame, I know… ). Today, I’m bringing it back! The recipe below includes walnuts and craisins but feel free to add any nuts , seeds, dried fruit or nothing at all. It’s also not a paleo/gluten-free recipe but my next batch of homemade granola will be 🙂 Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Ingredients (makes 4 cups)
4 teaspoons canola oil
2 1/2 cups dry oats
1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup apple juice
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
3) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is fully mixed in.
4) Spray a baking pan with canola oil or non-stick baking spray.
5) Spread the granola evenly on the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
6) Remove and stir the granola. Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container. Store in the fridge.