Hello, hello! I hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
Question for ya: Can you eat healthy at a bbq or is it really difficult? For me it’s a challenge. Mike and I attended my neighbor’s BBQ yesterday afternoon and I knew I should go into the party with a game plan (and really stick to it this time!) I usually start off fairly healthy and slowly end up pigging out on anything and everything in sight. This time I was going to practice will power!
Here’s a couple of the rules I tried to follow:
- Drink water and not just beer.
- Take a loop around to check out all the food before digging in.
- Do not stand near a food table!
- Start with veggies and fruits (whenever I start with healthy foods, it’s easier sticking with them).
- Don’t eat crap that I can eat anytime, such as Doritos and tortilla chips.
- 1 dessert, so pick wisely.
- Have protein with my meal.
And surprisingly my game plan worked!! I also reminded myself that a BBQ isn’t all about the food, it’s about hanging-out and catching up with friends and family… 😀
Once again I was craving a cold, tasty smoothie today. I decided to mix it up by adding the dark sweet cherries that we had in the fridge. I also wanted it to be a filling smoothie so I knew a scoop of protein powder as a must. And to make it even better I threw some chocolate shavings to the top of the glass. Perfect-O. 🙂
Dark Cherry, Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Combine the following in the blender:
- 1 cup pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 frozen medium size banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
**Top the smoothie with chocolate shavings.
This smoothie is loaded with protein and antioxidants! ENJOY!