I woke up this morning and wasn’t in the mood to run. But since I’m training for a half marathon I figured I should try to stick to my training program and at least get my butt out the door. I knew that once I started my run, I’d end up feeling much better (sometimes the hardest part is just getting out the door.) I also switched up my typical route and ran along the beach towards Dorchester. Such a pretty view! 🙂
About 35 minutes into my run my hip started to really hurt so I ended up walking the last 5 minutes. I feel so much better now that my workout is over with and I can relax for the rest of the day. Run and done!
Last night’s dinner was an oldie but goodie in the Totten/Doyle house. We both wanted seafood for dinner so Mike whipped up a couple of insanely delicious shrimp rolls. I think this meal is actually better than lobster rolls and it’s so easy to make!
Makes 4 servings / prep time is 5 minutes
- 1 lb cooked, peeled shrimp
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons scallions, diced
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 hot dog buns
We combined all the ingredients in a medium size bowl. Then scooped the mixture into toasted hot dog buns and chowed down. That’s it – so easy! We also enjoyed a couple of Corona Lights with the meal…. 😀 It’s a perfect summer time dinner.
Mmmm mmmmm! I ended up eating 2 of these since hot dog rolls are pretty small….
Workouts For The Week (adapted from my half marathon training plan)
- Monday: run 40 minutes <— Done
- Tuesday: cross train (elliptical plus strength training)
- Wednesday: run + speed for 50 minutes (might do repeat 200’s & 400’s?)
- Thursday: cross train for 50 minutes
- Friday: off
- Saturday: run – endurance 6 miles
- Sunday: off