I’m back in Boston! I arrived last night so it was a super quick trip to Germany but well worth it! 🙂
I know I was only gone for 3 days but I still came back feeling a lil’ bloated and frumpy. Do you guys feel that way every time you travel?? So today I tried to eat healthy meals and snacks to help me feel a little bit better.
Dont’ worry, I didn’t take pic’s of everything I ate today but I did take pictures of dinner!
I stopped at Whole Food’s to pick up my favorite thing…… the Mediterranean Herb ToFu! I also had steamed broccoli, home-made sweet potato fries, and a glass of wine with the tofu.
Mike’s away tonight but I still bought enough food so I could pack leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Leftovers = da bomb since my lunch is usually pretty boring!
Right before prepping dinner, I decided to make a batch of peanut butter granola. I worked with what I had in the kitchen and quickly came up with the following delicious recipe:
Peanut Butter Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2) Microwave the peanut butter for 20-25 seconds (until warm and creamy).
3) Pour the oats, peanut butter, brown sugar, olive oil, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix until combined (I used my hands to mix it more thoroughly.)
4) Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
5) Spread the granola mixture on a cookie sheet and make sure it’s even layered.
6) Bake for about 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove when the granola is light brown and toasted.
7) Let it cool completely then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
How have I never made peanut butter granola before?! It’s tastes amazing! (well anything with pb tastes amazing to me.) It’s not as “clumpy” as other granola’s I’ve made but the pb flavor makes up for it. I can’t wait to have a bowl of pb granola, greek yogurt, and strawberries in the morning. 😀
Have a good night, everyone!