9 miler is done! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! 😀 I don’t think I’ve ever been so hot and sweaty in my life?! The heat wasn’t crazy (around 73 degrees), it was the humidity that killed me….. 100% humidity! But it’s done and I don’t have another long run till next Saturday, phew.
Right before my run, I had 2 FRS energy chews and half of a Lara Bar (I can’t eat too much before I run; it gives me crazy stomach cramps). I also carried a GU energy gel while running and had it around mile 5. I LOVE energy chews & GU!
Let’s rewind to yesterday……
So I realized that I haven’t been cooking or baking anything exciting lately and knew that had to change. Last night before I went out, I made a batch of paleo avocado brownies with coconut flakes and chocolate chips. They turned out very moist and delicious! And you can’t even taste the avocados. For real!
Paleo Avocado Brownies
(adapted from tgipaleo)
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted in 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetend coconut flakes (optional)
- handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)
1) Puree the avocados in a food processor. Make sure there are no lumps – you want it nice and smooth.
2) Combine all the other ingredients (except the dark chocolate chips) in a large bowl and mix with an electronic mixer. Make sure it’s really smooth.
3) Pour batter into a 8 x 8 greased pan. Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips on top (optional).
4) Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
Alright, time to make an egg sandwich for breakfast. Then it’s brownie time!