How is the weekend almost over?! I didn’t even do too much and it still flew by!
I started the morning off with a bowl of overnight oats. I know I said I was giving up on this meal since the texture creeps me out but I had to see if it tastes better with chia seeds in the mix. So last night I prepped a batch that included:
- 1 cup peach flavored Chobani yogurt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
This morning I topped the bowl with cut up strawberries.
And thankfully, I liked it! 🙂 I think it’s just a texture thing that I had to get used to? Kind of like going from regular yogurt to greek yogurt? That was a process for me….
I also had hot coffee w/ a splash of almond milk and read the paper for a bit.
The rest of the day was filled with the normal Sunday stuff: cleaning, grocery shopping, blah blah blah and then the best part……. Dinner! 😀
Mike was out-of-town so I wanted to make a nice, healthy dinner for when he came back tonight. I also wanted something that included wild salmon. So tonight’s dinner was…….. Pistachio-crusted goat cheese w/ salmon salad! Boo yah!
Another easy, delicious meal!
- wild salmon<— I bought the prepackaged frozen salmon since they were only $1 per package. SCORE!
- baby green lettuce mix
- strawberries or raspberries <— I used strawberries since they were on sale
- goat cheese
- crushed pistachios
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- a couple of tablespoons of flour
- lemon slice (optional)
1) Bake the salmon on an aluminum foil wrapped cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
2) Cut goat cheese into little disk shapes and roll them in a bowl of flour, then roll in the beaten egg bowl, and lastly roll it in the crushed pistachio’s.
3) Coat a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil then add goat cheese disks. Fry until light brown.
4) While everything is cooking, prepare the salad. Combine the lettuce, chopped tomatoes, strawberries, and walnuts in a salad bowl.
5) Add the salmon and goat cheese to the salad, drizzle dressing of your choice on top, and enjoy!
Mmm mmmm, so good!
Workouts for the week (based on my half marathon training plan)
- Monday: run 50 minutes
- Tuesday: cross train for 50 minutes (workout TBD)
- Wednesday: run+speed for 60 minutes (I’m really gonna try a track workout and finish it this time!)
- Thursday: cross train for 50 minutes (workout TBD)
- Friday: run 10 miles (I’m doing my long run Friday am since I’ll be camping all wknd)
- Saturday: rest day
- Sunday: rest day