I skipped my morning workout and opted for an afternoon one instead. 🙂 I’m gonna do my new trick of drinking strong coffee around 3ish, change into my gym clothes at work, and then head to the gym (well sit in painful traffic forever and then hit up the gym!) It’s a cross training day so I’ll do 20 minutes of cardio and then the following quick/hard workout:
No Weights Circuit Workout
- 15 push-ups
- 20 jump squats
- 25 mountain climbers
- 60 second plank
- 60 second invisible jump rope
- 60 second wall sit
**Repeat the circuit 2-3 times
Alright, so last night’s dinner was crazy good (it’s even in Mike’s Top 3 Favorite Meals cooked by me!) Hellz yeah!
Steak Tips w/ Bacon & Mushrooms
(Inspired by The Paleo Project recipe)
- 1 lb steak tips
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms
- 5 strips of bacon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1) Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat (I used a cast iron skillet – so good!)
2) In a seperate large frying pan or wok add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. (I had to go to a couple grocery stores to find the coconut oil but it’s def. worth the trips. The coconut oil gives the meal a nice sweet coconut taste which is so much better than olive oil…. )
3) Cut up bacon strips into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the coconut oil. Also, add the mushrooms.
4) Cook bacon until it’s crispy and mushrooms are light brown.
5) Once the steak tips are done, place them on a plate and add the bacon and mushroom mixture on top.
We also had a side of asparagus and wine with dinner. 😀
Not only is this meal super delicious but even with the bacon, it still tastes really healthy! ENJOY!