I woke up at 5, changed into workout clothes, and jogged over to the gym. I started with 15 minutes on the elliptical and then completed the following circuit workout:
No Weights Circuit Workout:
- 15 push-ups
- 20 jump squats <— yikes, these are killer!
- 25 mountain climbers
- 60 second plank
- 60 second invisible jump rope
- 60 second wall sit
**Repeat the circuit 2-3 times
Salads, Salads, Salads
I’m not a huge salad eater but for some reason Mike and I have been making them more often than usual this summer. I present to you a list of my My Top (and my only) 5 Salads:
1) My all time favorite salad! (courtesy of Barb Totten): California Avocado Chicken Salad
The picture does not do it justice… this salad is awesome!!
2) A chicken salad that uses avocado instead of mayo is always a winner in my book: Paleo Chicken Avocado Salad
3) Pistachio-crusted goat cheese? Ahhhhhmazing: Pistachio-Crusted Goat Cheese With Salmon Salad
4) An oldie but goodie: Cobb Salad With Chicken
5) And last nights dinner will be called the “Summertime Salad w/ Shrimp”. In the mix: lettuce, a hard-boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, carrots, crumbled feta cheese, and grilled mushrooms and shrimp.
I topped it with organic ranch dressing (not the healthiest dressing but it’s organic so it can’t be that bad, right? ;))
So friggen good! I used to just throw everything on the salad but I’ve noticed that placing the toppings into sections makes it look so much better. 😀
QUESTION: What’s your favorite salad? Favorite dressing?