Crappy. Is the perfect word to describe my 8.5 mile run this morning. It was one of those mornings when I thought I did everything right to prepare for a 10 mile run but just couldn’t do it. I went to bed early, had a light breakfast 2 hours before my run, had a couple “Shot Bloks”, AND it was raining which is my ideal running weather!
(Post-run: soaking wet with extra messy hair :()
But I still felt like crap. Maybe it’s because I ran the first 4 miles with Mike and we went too fast? Or because I had app’s late yesterday afternoon and then only had bread and olive oil for dinner since I wasn’t hungry? Possibly.
Or that I had a couple of glasses of wine yesterday and was therefore dehydrated?
It doesn’t matter what the reason was, I still need to snap out of it and complete a couple hard runs and speed workouts before my half marathon. I have less than 2 weeks to get faster and stronger!!
And in doing so, here’s my workout plan for this week (based on my training program):
- Monday: Run 60 minutes
- Tuesday: Boxing. I finally gave in (that happens after a couple drinks) and agreed to attend a class w/ my friend. I hope I like it!
- Wednesday: Run+speed 50 minutes
- Thursday: Cross-train (elliptical plus strength training)
- Friday: Run 40 minutes
- Saturday: Run race pace for 8 miles
- Sunday: Off
Yup, I have 6 workouts scheduled which probably won’t happen but a girl can dream! 😀
Time to watch the Pat’s game!! Enjoy your Sunday!
So one of my favorite running blogger’s, Amanda did a post on things that make her HAPPY. She then asked us to list 5 things that make us happy. What a great idea! Today has been a long, crappy day but after writing this list I already feel a million times better. So here we goooooo (in no particular order) 😀
Things That Make Me Happy:
- My morning coffee
- Being w/ Mike
- Curling up on the couch with a glass of wine
- Jammin’ out to Dave Matthews
- Peaceful morning runs along the beach
- Crisp, Fall days in Boston
- Rocky ♥
- Girl’s Night
- Relaxing w/ the Sunday newspaper
- The beach (specifically Mayflower beach)
- Anything pumpkin flavored: coffee, cookies, bread, candles…
- A clean apartment
- The feeling after a hard, sweaty, injury-free run
- Chocolate/peanut butter combo
- A good night’s sleep
- Running blogs
- Fresh flowers
- PS Coffee
- Weekends on the Cape
Yup, I could go on and on but I’m sure I’ve already lost all 4 of my readers! So now it’s your turn…..
What Makes YOU Happy?
Happy Friday! Ummm how is September almost over?!
Since yesterday was the perfect Fall day, I went out for a 5 mile run and ended up doing 6 just so I could enjoy the beautiful weather.
And boy was it a hard run grrrr! I’m definitely out of shape from traveling and had to stop a bunch of times to catch my breath. 😦 But I’ll continue running over the weekend and will get back to where I was before my trip.
I was also able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by doing errands on my run. Bank? Check. PS pumpkin spice coffee? Check. 😀
Alright, let’s talk recipes. I love pumpkin recipes and have been craving them for a couple weeks now. Unfortunately the people in Germany and Austria don’t feel the same way as I do. Either they don’t eat delicious pumpkin recipes or I just didn’t see any? So yesterday I was determined to bake something paleo, pumpkin flavored, and easy. I bring to you……
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Muffins (w/ walnuts)
**Inspired by this tasty recipe over at Nutrition Nut On The Run
Ingredients (9 muffins)
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- chopped walnuts for batter and to sprinkle on top (optional)
- raw sugar for sprinkling on top
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend until smooth.
3) Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full, then sprinkle the top of each muffin w/ chopped walnuts and sugar.
4) Bake for approximately 26-28 minutes. Let cool before serving and store in an airtight container.