I went old school today…. I used a recipe from a cookbook! And not just any ol’ cookbook, I used Betty Crocker’s “Everything You Need To Know To Cook Today” Cookbook. It’s been ages since I actually flipped through a book instead of searching the internet for recipes. We have so many good books on our shelves too so maybe I’ll do this more often. 🙂
I had 3 really ripe banana’s in the kitchen and instead of freezing them for future smoothies I decided to bake banana bread. While mixing the ingredients I asked myself what’s easier and tastier than regular banana bread?? Blueberry banana muffins! I bring to you this easy, delicious, and fairly healthy recipe……
Blueberry Banana Muffins (Low Fat)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk <— I used almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1) Move oven rack to low position so the tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Stir in bananas, milk, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in blueberries.
3) Pour batter into lined muffin tins (or you can use pans that have been greased on the bottom only).
4) Bake muffins for approximately 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (loaves take longer to bake; about an hour for an 8-inch pan).
5) Cool completely on a wire rack.
I topped my muffins with almond butter for extra protein and yumminess!