Happy Friday! Ummm how is September almost over?!
Since yesterday was the perfect Fall day, I went out for a 5 mile run and ended up doing 6 just so I could enjoy the beautiful weather.
And boy was it a hard run grrrr! I’m definitely out of shape from traveling and had to stop a bunch of times to catch my breath. 😦 But I’ll continue running over the weekend and will get back to where I was before my trip.
I was also able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by doing errands on my run. Bank? Check. PS pumpkin spice coffee? Check. 😀
Alright, let’s talk recipes. I love pumpkin recipes and have been craving them for a couple weeks now. Unfortunately the people in Germany and Austria don’t feel the same way as I do. Either they don’t eat delicious pumpkin recipes or I just didn’t see any? So yesterday I was determined to bake something paleo, pumpkin flavored, and easy. I bring to you……
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Muffins (w/ walnuts)
**Inspired by this tasty recipe over at Nutrition Nut On The Run
Ingredients (9 muffins)
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- chopped walnuts for batter and to sprinkle on top (optional)
- raw sugar for sprinkling on top
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend until smooth.
3) Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full, then sprinkle the top of each muffin w/ chopped walnuts and sugar.
4) Bake for approximately 26-28 minutes. Let cool before serving and store in an airtight container.