What’s the only thing better than a bowl of warm oatmeal on a chilly, rainy Fall morning? A bowl of pumpkin oatmeal, obviously! The thought of making this for breakfast was just about the only thing that got my lazy butt out of bed this morning.
**Oh, So Easy Pumpkin Oatmeal**
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (or you can use instant, steel-cut, etc.)
- 1 cup water
- 2 large spoonfuls of pumpkin puree (roughly 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- couple dashes of Pumpkin Pie Spice (or you can substitute cinnamon & nutmeg)
- dash of cinnamon
- chopped walnuts, pecans, or raisins (optional)
1) Place oats and water in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 2 minutes.
2) Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl. Microwave for an additional 30-40 seconds (until warm).
3) Stir everything and top with a dash of cinnamon, chopped walnuts, pecans, or raisins.
Note: These measurements are approximate – feel free to add or subtract per your preference.
Mmmmm so good! Plus, it only took minutes to prepare which is ideal on a busy morning.