This morning started at 5:30am with a nice and easy 3 mile run in the drizzling rain. I was hoping to squeeze in another run after work but it was one of those days where I needed a lot of coffee to get me through the day so any activites after work were out of the question. I’ll just have to push harder tomorrow! Only 3 days till my half marathon!
Fake smiling w/ my coffee #148 of the day. Fake it ’til you make it!
I won’t show you all my meals I ate today but I will show you an awesome dinner I prepared tonight! 😀
I stopped at Trader Joe’s today and picked up ingredients to make another dish but ended up giving it a twist and prepared a frittata instead…. and boy was it delicious! I wanted something that tasted “Fall-ish” so I included cinnamon and nutmeg and I think that’s what gave it the “wow factor“.
Paleo: Sausage, Sweet Potato, Spinach Frittata…. w/ a Taste of Fall
Serves 4 / Total Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 package sausage (I used 4 links of chicken sausage)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 an onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups spinach
- 4 eggs, 1 egg white
- roughly 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (sorry, I didn’t measure but I used enough to sprinkle over the mix)
- couple dashes nutmeg
- pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Pour coconut oil on a large oven-proof skillet and add sausage. Cook on medium heat until sausage is light brown. Remove sausage from heat, cut them into smaller pieces, and add back to the pan.
3) Next chop the sweet potato and onion and add to the pan. Stir in the water, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper.
4) Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes (until the sweet potato is tender).
5) Pour in the chopped spinach and whisked eggs to the mix. Continue cooking until it starts bubbling and the edges are almost done, about 5 minutes.
6) Move the pan to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
And the one who pulled this meal together…… my lil’ sous chef.