My coworker made these a couple of months ago and I was soon addicted. I finally made my own version today and they also turned out delicious! These bars require no baking and prep time is only about 15 minutes. It’s such an easy recipe and are probably healthier than most store-bought granola bars.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (or any chopped nut)
- 2 cups dried fruit (I used 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries and 1/2 cup dried blueberries)
- 1/3 cup ground flax-seed
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- A little pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1) Combine oats, peanuts, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, cereal, pumpkin pie spice, & ground flax-seed in a large bowl.
2) In a medium-size microwave safe bowl, combine: peanut butter, honey, light brown sugar, & vanilla extract. Microwave for 1 minute.
3) Pour the peanut butter mixture onto the dry ingredients and stir well.
4) Evenly pour the mix onto a 9×13 inch baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Make sure to press the mixture firmly. Wait 1 hour before cutting into pieces. The bars can be stored at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Enjoy!
Yum, so good! These bars taste amazing crumbled in a bowl of greek yogurt or as pre-workout fuel. I think next time I’ll even add dark chocolate chips and eat them as an afternoon snack. So many options! 😀