“What’s so great about cauliflower?” Mike asked when we sat down to dinner last night. I responded with “Well, I have no idea”. So like a good fiance, I google’d it and discovered it’s a lot healthier than I would have guessed. I always thought that fruits and veggies full of color are better for you but apparently that’s not entirely true because cauliflower is loaded with nutrients and health benefits! Here’s what I found during my quick research.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower:
1) Great source of fiber (which keeps things moving! Yippee)
2) Excellent source of vitamin C which is a proven antioxidant that helps fight against harmful free radicals, boosts immunity and prevents from infections and cancers.
3) Loaded with B vitamins like niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and thiamine
4) Can help lower cholesterol levels
5) Low in calories which can lead to weight loss
6) Decreases inflammation. It’s full of anti-inflammatory substances such as vitamin K and omega-3 fatty acids
7) It’s a good source of minerals such as manganese, copper, iron, calcium and potassium
So there you have it….. now go eat your cauliflower. 😀