Last night’s dinner was a good ol’ fish and asparagus meal. But to switch it up a bit I included a honey, teriyaki glaze on the fish and also added sautéed mushrooms to the mix. This dinner was ready to go in less than 30 minutes and was amazing!
Originally I was going to use wild salmon for the meal but Shaw’s only had farm raised salmon so I bought the wild, fresh cod instead. 😀 Wild is always better than farm raised!
- 1 lb salmon, cod or whatever fish you prefer
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil (easier clean-up) and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a medium size bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, honey, vinegar, and a couple of dashes of salt and pepper.
3) Place fish on the baking sheet and coat with an even layer of the teriyaki mixture. I used a brush for this part. Make sure to save some of the mixture for the mushrooms.
4) On the other baking sheet add the asparagus. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil on top and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
5) Next throw the mushrooms into the bowl with the teriyaki mixture and stir them around until completely covered. Add the mushrooms to the baking sheet next to the asparagus.
6) Bake everything for approximately 15 minutes. The veggies will probably required less cooking time than the fish.