I did it today – I survived without eating any sugar or grains. It actually wasn’t that hard since I planned my meals and snacks before I left for work and only packed items that I really like and would be happy to eat. 😀 This prevented me from wondering my office in search of the best candy and from eating the chips and spinach artichoke dip that was calling my name in the cafe!
Here’s a glimpse into what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Chocolate Protein Smoothie! In the mix: 1 cup almond milk, 1 frozen banana, 1 plain Chobani greek yogurt, a couple strawberries, and 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. Yuuummmm it tasted just like a thick milkshake! And with the greek yogurt and the protein powder this smoothie left me full for hours.
- Morning Snack: Mini Larabar and coffee w/ almond milk and a couple of dashes of pumpkin pie spice
- Lunch: Leftover mojito lime marinated chicken w/ some frozen veggies
- Afternoon snack: Large granny smith apple w/ 1 scoop almond butter
- Dinner: Teriyaki cod w/ grilled asparagus & mushrooms & a glass of white wine (OK, so the wine’s probably not allowed according to the rules but it’s election night and I need it…. )
I know not every day will be as easy as today and this weekend is gonna be really challenging considering I have a fundraiser with tons of food, a kids bday party, and football to watch on Sunday (football = food) but I’m gonna try to eat as clean as possible! I’m also going to allow a couple cocktails even though they’re against the rules but my main focus for doing this to eat a cleaner, more fresh diet. Let’s just hope the alcohol involved over the weekend doesn’t lower my expectations. 😉