Do you guys realize how freakin’ good greek yogurt tastes when it’s frozen?! Well surprise surprise it tastes JUST.LIKE.FROZEN.YOGURT! Guess I should have figured that out sooner. But better late than never, right? I saw this amazing recipe the other day and wanted to make something similar but also include my loves: chocolate & almond butter.
Dark Chocolate & Almond Butter Frozen Yogurt
- 1 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt (or you could use vanilla flavored greek yogurt and not add the vanilla extract)
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter or peanut butter
- roughly 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a little cocoa powder*
- some dark chocolate chips
*Pictures were taken before I added the cocoa powder
1) In a small freezer safe container combine the greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder. Stir well.
2) Microwave the dark chocolate chips in a small bowl for about 20-30 seconds then add to the yogurt mix.
3) Next add the almond butter to the bowl and stir carefully (it tastes good when you leave chunks)
4) Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Top the frozen yogurt with a couple of dark chocolate chips, fat-free whipped cream, chopped walnuts, almonds, or whatever you want!
This snack is healthy and delicious! Enjoy. 😀
Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt: Low in calories (only 100) yet it contains 18 grams of protein! It’s also a great source of calcium.
Dark Chocolate Chips: Not only are the dark chocolate chips sweet, rich, and delicious but they’re also loaded with antioxidants.
Almond Butter: High in protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fats (the good fats which reduce levels of cholesterol)