Happy New Years Eve!!
I was very tempted to skip my run today and blame it on the icy, not-so-safe roads. But around 3 o’clock I finally got myself together, layered up, and drove down to Castle Island to run on the ice-free sidewalks.
It was around 28 degrees and windy but within 15 minutes I was warmed up and able to enjoy the gorgeous scenery……
BTW, here’s some of my top tips for running in cold weather:
- Dress in multiple layers so you can gradually take them off if needed
- Dress for about 15 degrees warmer than the actual weather. If not, you’ll be a sweaty mess in no time at all…
- The shirt closest to your body should be made of wicking material, such as dry-fit. This will wick the sweat away from your body, keeping you warm and dry.
- Wear wicking material socks and not cotton socks. I actually ran in cotton socks forever but recently found out that they don’t wick away moisture and keep your feet wet and prone to blisters!
- Pack tissues and chapstick if you have pockets in your clothing 😀
Today I ran in spandex, a dry-fit t-shirt, a thick long sleeve, puffy running vest, gloves, and ear warmers. I was a little warm towards the end of the run, but it overall I felt good today.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Check out this delicious spread that Mike put together…..
It consists of pepperoni slices, garden herb wheat thins, and baked brie wrapped in a crescent roll. Wow, so good! We sometimes add chutney (pear, raspberry, etc) to the top of the crescent roll but tonight we just ate it without and it was still amazing.
And the gooey goodness inside…
Speaking of delicious snacks, I had a bunch of these cookies yesterday at my mom’s house and now I want to head to TJ’s ASAP to pick up a couple more boxes. Yum!
OK, time to log off and get ready for the night. Mike and I are having a low-key evening with dinner out in the city and then chillin’ and watching the NYE specials tonight (including Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffon on CNN… love them!!) I’m also hoping to play Scattegories if I can convince Mike I’ll play nice this time….
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
What are your plans for tonight? 😀
What are your New Year’s Resolutions??
Hmmm I don’t have any at the moment but I’ll come up with a couple tonight….