TGIF!!! Are we all on vacation? 😀
Today started off with a very productive morning at work which slowly become less as the day went on….. it’ so hard working the day before vacation, right?
After plugging away at work, I hit up a couple of stores to finish my Christmas shopping (Toy R Us, Whole Foods, Rite-Aid) and then stopped at my friend’s place on the way home to hang-out and enjoy a glass of wine. “Will Stop For Wine” is my new motto. For real.
You probably can’t tell by my iPhone pic’ but her tree is PERFECT! Real trees are the best.
By the time I arrived home, I was ready to work up a sweat. I changed into my running SHORTS and jogged over to the gym. This mild weather is awesome! I have a feeling (aka the weather forecast) that the mild weather won’t last long so I’m enjoying it while I can. And I would have really enjoyed the weather with a good run outside but it was too dark and scary out…
I ended up doing 45 minutes of running/walking intervals on the treadmill followed by a bunch of random stuff on the mat (girl push-ups, planks, & squats with a medicine ball).
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
OK, since this post only has pictures of myself, I should leave you guys with something more exciting….
A new crock pot recipe!
Mike prepared this yummy meal the other night and I was too lazy to blog about it so here we go.
Crock Pot White Bean Soup w/ Andouille and Collards
(from the magazine above)
- 1 lb dried white beans (such as cannellini)
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/ lb andouille sausage links, halved lengthwise and sliced across
- 1 large chopped onion
- 4 stalks chopped celery
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bunch collard greens (or kale), steams discarded and leaves cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
1) Combine the beans, chicken broth, sausage, onion, celery, and thyme in the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours (until the beans are tender)
2) Twenty minutes before serving, discard the thyme stems and add the collard greens and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
3) Add the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
I’m not a huge soup eater but this recipe was really delicious! Plus, it was super easy and healthy so I’m a big fan.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Are you a soup eater?
Did you workout today? What’d you do?? 😀