What a beautiful morning in Boston, huh?
At least it’s not snowing so I can’t complain. 😀
Since I’m the worst at sleeping in, I woke up at 6:30 and hung-out with Rocky on the couch. We drank coffee and watched Fox 25 news (his request) for a couple of hours.
Around 9 I finally had motivation and headed over to the gym for a random workout. I ran for 15 minutes on the treadmill, lifted weights for 15 minutes, and then jumped back on the treadmill for 15 minutes of power walking (it was waaaay too hot in the gym to run).
Btw, do you have a favorite celebrity that motivates you to workout? Hands down, mine would be Jennifer Aniston. With Jessica Alba, Jessica Beil, and Halle Berry as close runner ups.
Whenever I’m on the treadmill or stairmaster, I try to keep a gossip magazine open to a picture of Jennifer Aniston as motivation to keep going and push it harder! I love the fact that she works hard at maintaining her figure and doesn’t just diet to stay in shape. Go, Jen!
Oh, do I have a yummy recipe for you. While I worked an indoor track meet this afternoon, Mike picked up ingredients to make this insanely delicious meal. It looks like a lot of steps but it’s really a fairly simple meal, promise.
Chicken Sausage & Broccoli Risotto
- 1 package of chicken, spinach, & feta sausage (or any sausage), chopped into little pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cups broccoli
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of carrots, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (optional – I wouldn’t add this but Mike likes garlic so it was included… )
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
1) Add 1 tablespoon of butter and broccoli to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until tender (about 5-7 minutes). Transfer to a side plate.
2) Next add the chopped sausage, onion, and carrots to the skillet and cook until brown (about 5-7 minutes).
3) Add the risotto and garlic to the mix and continue cooking for another couple of minutes.
4) Pour in the wine and cook until it’s evaporated (about 2 minutes).
5) Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, and water to the skillet. Cover and cook until it boils.
6) Transfer ingredients to a cast iron skillet and bake in the oven @ 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
7) Pour the mix into a large bowl and add the remaining butter, grated cheese, and broccoli. Stir until its creamy.
Mmmmm I can’t wait to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow….
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Which celebrity motivates YOU to workout??