Well well well….. guess who wrote an entire post dedicated to working out in the morning and then skipped her morning workout? Yup, that would be me. I’m blaming Rocky. The cat is a freak and kept me all night while he tried climbing the wall in my bedroom (super smart cat) so needless to say I turned my 4:45am alarm off and “slept in” till 5:45. But I did squeeze in a great workout after work so it’s all good.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Did I tell you guys about my new favorite drink (besides coffee, beer, wine, and water)? It’s iced green tea! How have I not discovered this drink sooner? I don’t know. But it’s so refreshing and it’s high in healthy antioxidants, and has no calories, carbs, or fat which is awesomeeee.
Another great perk about this drink is that it’s free (@ work… :D)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
You guys ready for a really easy delicious granola recipe? Like so easy that ANYONE can make it? I made a batch of these last night and they turned out pretty amazing. My goal was to make granola with ingredients I had in the kitchen and also make it fairly healthy. So here it is…..
6 Ingredient! Trail Mix Energy Bars
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- a couple of dashes of ground cinnamon
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of trail mix – I used the trail mix pictured below. And yes, this counts as 1 ingredient. (1 bag = 1 ingredient :D)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 glass or metal pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Melt the almond butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the almond butter, honey and mashed banana to a large bowl and stir well.
3) Next add the oats, cinnamon, and trail mix. Stir until everything is well blended.
4) Evenly pour the mix into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool at room temperature and cut into bars. Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator so they harden.
**These granola bars can be eaten alone as a healthy snack. Or you can do what I did and crumble a bar into a bowl with greek yogurt – so much better than store bought granola!