Wow, what a great game last night, right? Actually, I didn’t really pay too much attention to the game. The Pat’s weren’t playing so I more into the half time show (I’m obsessed with Beyonce) and the commercials than the actual game.
And I was into the food!
Mike and I went to our friend’s house for the game and brought a couple appetizer’s with us…. buffalo roasted cauliflower and bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges. We’ve made the bacon wrapped sweet potato wedges for last years Super Bowl and they were a hug hit (obviously anything with bacon is awesoooome) but the buffalo cauliflower was just as big of a hit this year. (OK, so my iPhone pictures don’t do these app’s justice but trust me, you’ll love them!)
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Franks Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- blue cheese dressing
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Toss cauliflower florets in a bowl with the EVOO and sprinkle some salt on top. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast for about 25-30 minutes, turning once about halfway through.
3) Pour the hot sauce and melted butter in a large bowl and add the roasted cauliflower. Mix together and enjoy with blue cheese dressing.
We ate the cauliflower with toothpicks and used this delicious yogurt blue cheese dressing as the dip So good!
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 package of bacon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into wedges.
3) Wrap a piece of bacon around the wedge and secure it with a toothpick.
4) Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, turning once about halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving!
Other foods for the night included a cheese & cracker platter, chips, home-made turkey chili (which was so yummy! I’ll get the recipe soon and share it with you guys), and some wine and beer. 😀
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Btw, did you see the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix on ESPN? If so, did you watch Mary Cain run the 2 mile?!? OMG, she’s amazing! She’s only 16 years old and she demolished the high school record for the 2 mile, finishing in 9:38.68!!! And she was so chill about it during her interview. I can’t even imagine being that fast at her age!
PS this meet took place at the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston which is where I work track meets as a part-time job! Too bad I wasn’t working the New Balance Meet… maybe they’ll need me next year? 😀
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
What’d you make for the Super Bowl? PLEASE SHARE!
Are you working out today? What are you doing??