Well maybe not a secret but a little advice?
You won’t be able to sleep. Like at all.
And that’s why I’m up and typing away at 4am on a school night. Mike and I have recently started house hunting and this is leaving me excited/stressed/a basket case/happy/nervous/eager/overwhelmed. I obviously can not wait to be a home OWNER and everything but I’m also really sad to leave my comfortable city life and my beloved neighborhood, Southie. I have tons of crazy thoughts that are annoyingly (is that a word?) keeping me up at night:
How can I move when there’s so many restaurants/bars within walking distance? Can I live without PS Coffee? How will I workout without Gold’s Gym half a mile away? Can I really move when they’re finally opening a Starbuck’s in Southie? Will I survive without a CVS, nail place, and bank right within a 5 minute walk?! And what about Sunday Funday? Don’t I need that? Will I be OK living without a roof deck? (probably not.. ) And not being minutes away from my friends? And the thing that really keeps me up at night…. how will I feel about running in the ‘burbs instead of in Southie which is the BEST area for runners?! Will I die of boredom running in the same neighborhoods over and over and over again? And what about my morning runs along the beach?
But the good news is, I just did a quick search and discovered that the town we like does have so many things that I want/need in my life. Besides a great community and school system and all that important stuff, the town also includes:
- A gym! With a bunch of fitness classes too. Maybe I’ll finally get into yoga or body pump?
- And it does have a grocery store (this actually stressed me out more than I thought it would… what if there’s no grocery store?? How will I get food?!).
- And a couple of coffee shops and a Dunkin’s. So they aren’t as good as PS Coffee and Starbuck’s but maybe I’ll find a cute lil’ cafe where I can drink coffee and read the newspaper every once in a while? I had a place like that when I lived in Charlestown and have really missed going there…
- And the town has some pretty good running trails and a lake with a trail nearby.
- They even have a Running Club that meets every Wednesday night for a timed 5K. Maybe I’ll finally run a 5K in under 23 minutes!
- I’m sure I won’t have a roof deck (well not right away. 2-3 years maybe? ;)) at my future house but I will have my own yard and a patio or deck with a real grill! Not the electric grill that we currently have on our roof deck.
- And it’s not too far from South Boston so I can easily drive back if I really need a morning, sunrise run. Or a lunch date with my friends. 🙂
So all in all, I guess I can chill out and not get too emotional about leaving Southie, yet…..
_ _ _ _ _ _
Did you move from the city to the burbs? Any advice? 🙂
Are you in a Running Club?
What’s your workout today?
The weather is nice today (40’s and sunny) so I’m finally doing my 12 miler!