This morning I made a healthy smoothie/juice for breakfast. But unlike most days when I prepare a smoothie, today I actually switched it up and added an avocado to the mix and it made everything so creamy and delicious!! Why haven’t I thought of this before?
JT’s Berry Good Smoothie
In the mix:
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fruit (I used raspberries and strawberries)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
_ _ _ _ _ _
OK, let’s talk about my half marathon training. Or shall I say my lack of half marathon training. Ever since the race was postponed back in early March I just haven’t been as dedicated to a training program and sadly I haven’t been trying to get faster. As of today I have 32 days to figure my sh*t out!!
So how will I do this? I should say I’m going workout 6 days a week but realistically that’s not going to happen so instead I’ll adopt a training plan that will work for me. I travel for work, I’m moving, and I have sort of a life so my goal is to find time for 4 quality workouts a week.
Here’s the plan for this week:
- Tuesday: run 5 miles
- Wednesday: long run (9 miles)
- Thursday: cross-train (15 min’s elliptical, 15 min’s stairmaster, weights)
- Friday: speed workout
- Saturday: rest (Moving Day!)
- Sunday: rest (unpacking/shopping for house/drinking day!)
_ _ _ _ _ _
What’s your workout today?
Are you training for a race? Which one?