This is something I’m sure we all struggle with – I know I sure do! How am I going to workout when I have a million things to do on top of working all day?!?! Ahhhhhhhh! Well, you make the time and you just do it. I know it’s easier said than done but we all have time for a quick 30 minute workout, right?
Set your alarm earlier and work-out while the family is sleeping
Walk with a coworker during your lunch break
Pack your gym bag and stop on the way home from work for a good sweat session
Schedule a FUN workout date with a friend
Go for a walk with the spouse/dog/kiddo’s in the evening!
If you want to workout and stay in shape, you WILL make the time. 🙂
Here’s some quick workouts that you can easily do at home:
_ _ _ _ _
How do YOU make time to workout?
It’s 7am on Sunday and I’m wide awake which means I clearly fell asleep super early last night and missed the Bruins game. Oh well, it happens.
Do you know what my favorite part of the day and time is? It’s my lazy Sunday mornings when I can sit in the sun room with home-made coffee, the TV, and catch up on blogs.
Ahhhh so peaceful. I’m sure I’ll sign up for another half marathon this Fall and my Sunday morning’s will be spent doing long rungs but for now I’m going to plop around and enjoy them.
Mike’s mom was in town visiting so we also had my mom come up for the day. We made a big ol’ brunch at our place and then went to walk it off at Breakheart Reservation. Those 3 miles of hills are killer even when you’re just walking them! After the power-walk, we drove 30 minute’s north to check out the gorgeous coastal town of Rockport.
We strolled the streets, checked out the shops, bought coffee’s and home-made chocolates, and soaked up the perfect weather – which was sunny, warm, and breezy. 🙂
This town is perfect and I really want to live there. Just put me in front of the ocean and I’m a happy camper.
At around 3 we were hungry so we stopped for lunch and enjoyed fried calamari, pan-seared scallops, lobster rolls, and really good craft beer (I think it was Ipswich Ale?)
Such a fun Saturday!
And now it’s time to persuade Mike into trail running with me. I know he’ll become hooked once I get him out there. So fingers crossed he caves in and joins me……
Hope you all have an awesome/fun/relaxing Sunday!!!
Happy First Day of Summer!!!!
Here are my 5 random things for today:
1) Happy Belated 1st Birthday to Avocado Run!!! Wooohoooooo! I can’t believe I’ve had this blog for over a year!? I admit that at times I’ve had a love/hate relationship with blogging but overall I’m still so so happy I started one!
2) Today’s workout included a 3 mile run/walk around the lake in Wakefield. It was hot out and I was tired so I included a lot of walking intervals but it’s better than nothing. When I arrived home I completed this quick circuit workout (I also did mountain climbers instead of the crunches since you get so much more out of a mountain climber than a crunch. It works your core, arms, legs, and abs (I should probably look that up but I’m pretty sure it works all those muscles))
3) My lunch today was day #3 of the same yummy/easy meal. It was an egg salad on a 90 calorie Fiber One wrap with lettuce, cheese and a side of carrots and popcorn.
The popcorn doesn’t taste that amazing at first but once you have a bunch it starts to taste more like movie theater popcorn but with out the buttery crap. And for real, it’s addicting. But it’s OK since a serving size is 4 CUPS and it’s still only 155 calories!
4) I wore white jean capri’s to work today. This is big news, guys. I have never owned white pants before, ever! They felt so soft so I’ll probably be sporting these 3-4 times a week this summer. 🙂
Why do my feet look so tiny in this picture?
5) Lastly, I think everyone should run/walk/skip the “Take the Lake 5K” with Mike and I next Sunday, June 30th @ 8:30am (check out this website for more info). It’ll be a fun, low-key race around the lake and after we can all enjoy mimosa’s and bloody Mary’s at my place. 🙂
_ _ _ _ _
Any fun weekend plans?
Any races coming up?
-Just a couple 5K’s for me this summer 🙂