(I wish I could figure out how to play Jack Johnson’s song “Banana Pancakes” while you read this post but since I have no idea how to figure out this blog that’s not gonna happen. Let’s just pretend, ok? ;))
Due to all the flight cancellations from the snow storm, Mike didn’t get home from Georgia until 1am. So I decided to be a good fiance and prepare a delicious, healthy, hearty breakfast for him this morning. Plus, I was up early and already going stir crazy in my apartment so preparing breakfast was a nice perk to my day. Seriously, this snow needs to melt so I can get out and complete my 11 mile run.
Anywho, I went to the Chobani website and followed their “perfect pancakes“ recipe which is the same recipe I used to make these yummy blueberry pancakes. These pancakes are quick and easy and they always turn out tasting amazing!!
10 minutes prep time – Serves 4
- 1/2 cup Chobani banana flavored greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk <— I used 1% milk
- maple syrup, banana slices, strawberries (optional)
1) In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and greek yogurt.
2) Add yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir together.
3) Heat a nonstick skilled over medium heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray and pour about ¼ c of batter onto pan for each pancake. Cook until edges set and bubbles appear on surface, about 2 minutes. Flip to brown other side.
4) Transfer to a large plate and repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup, banana slices, and strawberries. Enjoy!