Where do I start with this juice cleanse? I guess I could get right to it; I didn’t finish the 2 day cleanse. I made it through 1 1/2 days and then gave in to my food and coffee cravings. But hey, at least I tried right?
So here’s a quick breakdown of the Skinny Limits cleanse:
- The juice was delicious! Even the green juice was so much better than my last cleanse (PS I completed the 2-day cleanse last time! Just in case you forgot ;))
- The cleanse was cheaper than most other ones. It was $98 for 2 days plus around $30 for overnight shipping. Other cleanses are about $50 more.
- I had a great nights sleep without the help of melatonin! Maybe it’s because I didn’t consume any coffee? But I slept like a baby which never ever happens….
- Even though I didn’t last the full 2 days I still felt way less bloated and I really do feel healthier! Plus, after drinking just juice it makes you question what you want to put in your body. Instead of eating crap I opted for healthy foods today. I had tofu and steamed veggies for lunch and salmon and veggies for dinner.
- I was HUNGRYYYY! I don’t know how people say they aren’t hungry during a cleanse (I truly think they’re lying… ) but I was hungry and constantly thinking about food. And a hungry Julie is never good.
- They sent me the wrong juice! I ordered the “juice cleanse variety pack” and was sent the “standard juice cleanse”. I think I’ll call and ask about this…
In conclusion, I’m A-OK with the decision to not finish the cleanse. Yeah it sucks I paid for 2 days and didn’t have the will power to stick with it but I still benefited in the fact that I a) feel better and b) want to continue making smarter food choices and incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet. 🙂
_ _ _ _ _
Since I didn’t stick with the cleanse, I had more than enough energy to go for a run this afternoon. Mike and I ventured down the street to Breakheart Reservation and ran the 3 mile loop through the woods.
And it was awesome! I still can’t believe such a pretty, woodsy place is 1 mile from my house!?
I bet you’ll be seeing a lot more pic’s of this place on the blog.
Alrighty, time to log off and watch Greys….. Have a good night, everyone!!
It’s day #1 of my 2 day juice cleanse!
You might remember I did my first cleanse back in early February and although it was a struggle at times I was happy with the end results. I felt wayyyy less bloated, more rested, and more importantly it motivated me to continue healthy eating habits. For once I was actually craving fruits and not chocolate.
During this cleanse I’ll start each day with a cup of warm water and lemon and then move on to the 6 prepared juices:
- (3) Pure & Simple: Kale, spinach, parsley, cucumber, apple, and lemon.
- Balance: Kale, spinach, parsley, cucumber, apple, lemon and ginger
- Scorpion Lemonade: Lemons, agave nectar, cayenne and filtered water.
- Crescent Moon: Raw cashews, vanilla bean, cinnamon, agave nectar and filtered water.
I’m also going to drink a ridiculous amount of water and probably some decaffeinated tea as well. But no food, no wine, no gum, and no coffee on the cleanse.
I’ll give you guys a full review on Friday! 🙂
5:30am boxing class + toasted almond coffee with a splash of almond milk = a perfect start to the day.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
So seriously, the 2 day cleanse took A LOT more will power than I expected!! But it’s over and I’m happy I did it and only consumed the juice, water, and decaffeinated green tea. The hardest part of the cleanse was having to go grocery shopping in order to stock up for the snow storm. I tried avoiding this but I really needed fresh fruit, veggies, tortilla chip, salsa and obviously some more wine and beer. All I could think about last night was pouring a glass of sauvignon blanc and snacking on chips and salsa. I was 90% sure I was going to cave since no one around to watch. I was also 95% sure I wasn’t going to tell anyone (sorry guys!) But instead I brushed my teeth at 8:30, put on my pj’s, and went to bed.
So what did I get out of the cleanse? Well for starters I feel waaaaaaaaay less bloated than I’ve felt in weeks. I also have a lot of energy right now but that might be from boxing and the coffee? And I lost 5 lbs which is most likely water weight. More importantly, I was able to detoxify my body, rev up my metabolism, and consume a ton of healthy nutrients in only 2 days!
Would I do it again? Maybe… probably. I really didn’t like the green drinks (which I had to have 3 times a day!?) so if I do a cleanse again I’ll most likely order from the Cooler Cleanse since I heard their drinks are delicious.
The day following a cleanse you’re recommended to eat fresh fruits and veggies and gradually add other foods back into your diet. Well I messed that up by having a Larabar before boxing class but I’ll get back on track by eating a banana and strawberries for breakfast part 2.
And a “Berry Boost” drink later this morning.
Time to work from home and wait for the blizzard to arrive…….. Stay safe and warm everyone in the New England!! Enjoy your Friday!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Any fun weekend plans?
Any long runs for the weekend? Will you run on a treadmill or outside?
I have to somehow run 11 miles and I’m hoping to do it outside on Sunday. Crossing my fingers that the roads are plowed!