This is something I’m sure we all struggle with – I know I sure do! How am I going to workout when I have a million things to do on top of working all day?!?! Ahhhhhhhh! Well, you make the time and you just do it. I know it’s easier said than done but we all have time for a quick 30 minute workout, right?
Set your alarm earlier and work-out while the family is sleeping
Walk with a coworker during your lunch break
Pack your gym bag and stop on the way home from work for a good sweat session
Schedule a FUN workout date with a friend
Go for a walk with the spouse/dog/kiddo’s in the evening!
If you want to workout and stay in shape, you WILL make the time. 🙂
Here’s some quick workouts that you can easily do at home:
_ _ _ _ _
How do YOU make time to workout?
Oh, so true!
Working out doesn’t have to be work. We all know that. But for some reason we all have those days when it just feels like such a pain to actually workout. So here’s some idea’s that will have you looking forward to your next workout! No more skipping a workout and plopping on the couch with a glass wine and an episode of RHOC! Even though that is tempting we all know it feels way better to workout than it does to skip it……..
FUN ways to workout:
- Barre class (ballet, yoga, and pilates? Sign me up!:))
- Boot camp (especially now that it’s nice weather and you can do it outside)
- Boxing (loveeeee boxing)
- Run! But it make it more fun by switch up your usual route, add hills, do intervals, run on the beach, or run with a buddy
- Cardio kickboxing
- DVD’s (INSANITY workout, Jillian Michael’s, Bethenny Frankel’s, etc)
- Jump rope
- Pinterest workouts! This site has so many great, creative workouts
- Play at the park with your kids
- Power-walk with a friend, bf, spouse, coworker…
- Rock climb
- Roller blade
- Spin class or ride your bike outside
- Track workouts (OK, so this isn’t technically “fun” but it’s nice to switch it up and add sprints to your training schedule)
- Trail running
- Walk the dog
What are some other fun ways to workout? 🙂
Don’t you love that last one? 🙂
_ _ _ _ _ _
Wow, the weekend flew right by!!! Between working a Spring track meet all Saturday and hanging-out with my mom yesterday, I feel like I barely worked out. And I don’t think I even ate a fruit or veggie all weekend? Yikes, I suck. So in order to get back into a healthy routine I figured I’ll write out my workouts for the week in hopes that I stick with them.
Workouts This Week:
- Mon: Run 5 miles. I’m actually excited for this run! I’m going to run from my house towards Breakheart Reservation, run the 3 mile loop (which I’ve heard is a lot of hills) and then run home for a total of 5 miles. 🙂
- Tue: Cross-train. Elliptical then the weight room or maybe a group class at LA Fitness? I’d like to find a good Body Pump style class at the gym.
- Wed: Walk the lake (3.2 miles). My 2-day juice cleanse starts Wednesday morning so I’ll either walk or take the day off.
- Thu: Rest. Still juicing…
- Fri: Run 20 minutes then this workout at home:
- Sat: Run 4 miles
- Sun: Run 8 miles with Mike
_ _ _ _ _
What’s your workout today?
What’s your favorite group class at the gym?