Wow, what a busy week/weekend! I arrived home from Irvine, CA late Friday night and spent the rest of the weekend working a track meet, catching up on errands, getting stuff ready for the BIG move, driving to my mom’s on the Cape to pick up furniture, and squeezing in a 9 mile run around Southie this morning.
And thank god for that run; I needed it!
The entire run was a struggle and I wanted to quit sooo many times (seriously, I looked at my Garmin almost every minute and debated whether I should continue running or give up… ) but I kept with it and finished with an overall 8:20/minute pace. I don’t feel 100% ready for my half marathon next Sunday but I feel good knowing I completed 9 miles today!
While I was driving back from the Cape, Mike prepared a tasty, healthy paleo dish for tonight’s dinner…. what a good guy, right? This dinner was so light and delicious!! It’ll def be a “go-to” dinner for us. 🙂
Paleo Tilapia “Tacos”
- 1 lb tilapia
- 3 peppers, roasted (we used 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow pepper)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- Boston lettuce
1) Marinate the tilapia with fresh lemon and lime juice and chopped cilantro for an hour or so. Grill over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
2) While the fish is grilling, chop the roasted peppers and combine in a bowl with lime and lemon juice.
3) Once the tilapia is cooked, chop it up and add it to a couple of pieces of lettuces. Top with the pepper mix, guacamole and roll into a taco or eat as a salad. Enjoy!
Hmm so I guess this doesn’t look like a taco at all? But I didn’t know what else to call it 😉
_ _ _ _ _ _
How was your weekend?
What was your Sunday dinner? 🙂